Sunday, August 27, 2006

Excellence in Journalism

Having lived in Nigeria, I was excited when I saw this Headline...


Obama Visits Notorious Slum in Nigeria


When I read the article, however, it soon became clear that Senator Obama is on the other side of the continent, in Nairobi, Kenya.

Given the geographically-challenged headline, the third paragraph of the AP article is pretty ironic:

Senator Obama proclaims the following:

"I love all of you, my brothers _ all of you, my sisters" Obama told a crowd in Kibera. "I want to make sure everybody in American knows Kibera. That's why we have all the news crews."


Read It:



If I were the mayor of a small, impoverished village on the Mambila plateau in Southeastern Nigeria, I would immediately rename my town Kibera.
|
Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter