Saturday, March 03, 2007

Not Going To Church This Sunday

God's had all the thoughts about the life, death, and the hereafter I care to give him/her/it this week. As for being a good person, I was planning to do that anyway.

Why does God seem to need so much praise? If I were omniscient, omnipotent, and in charge of everything, I wouldn't need to hear people singing my praises all the time.

Wouldn't you be embarassed if people sang "Rick, name above all names, beautiful savior, glorious lord"--even if it were true? You'd think that would get old after a while, and wouldn't you suspect that the people most devoted to singing your praises were a bunch of ass-kissers?

At times such as this, I ask myself, "W.W.S.S.J.D"--What would supply-side Jesus do?

Labels: , ,

|
Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter