Monday, October 03, 2005

I Understand Women, Part III: What Should I Do With My Hair?

...That has to be one of my wife's most often-asked questions, along with "What should I wear"?

What should she do with her hair? You know full well you don't care, so what do you say?

"Honey, I like it when you wear your hair in a ponytail. When you have your hair in a ponytail and you wear your glasses, you look like the girl next door in a John Hughes teen romance flick from the eighties...you know, the girl who is supposed to be plain jane, but once she takes off her glasses and lets down her hair she's ten times more good looking than the hot popular girl..."

It doesn't matter what you suggest, but it's how you suggest it that counts.

This brings as to rule #3:

When she asks what she should wear, it's not about the clothes;
when she asks what she should do with her hair, it's not about the hair.

I've learned that, although my input appears to be solicited, It's usually a rhetorical question. Laurie knows full well I couldn't put an outfit together with duct tape.

In such situations, what a woman really wants to know is that you're listening to her. To most men, "what should I wear" is a simple question of color preference.

"Wear the blue one".

"Which one? Turquoise, meditteranean green-blue, or aquamarine"?

"...Um...Aquamarine".

"What pants should I wear with that"?

"The brown ones".

"kakhi, teak, or camel"?

"...Um...camel".

...Ten minutes later, she appears in blue jeans and a pink shirt. Don't ask me what particular kind of pants, or what kind of top...
|
Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter