Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Canadian Blog 138th Post Spectacular

Little do you know it, but there's a Russian bear on a unicycle and a chorusline of showgirls behind me. As the fireworks erupt, let me introduce you to four of my favorite Canadian blogs.

For a broad overview of Canadian blogging and an introduction to the exotic people that inhabit the country of the majestic beaver and the mighty poutine, I highly recommend MyBlagh's Cavalcade of Canucks.

Read It:

Because Canada is a land renowned for its comedians, I have to mention Mark A. Rayner's website, The Skwib. Mark would make a great staff writer or senior analyst for a Canadian version of the Daily Show, and I now view his site daily. He calls it "an irregular and explosive blog". I call it good irreverent fun.

Read It:


Carmi Levy shares his thoughts in the excellent blog Written Inc. In addition to blogging, Carmi writes a column for the London Free Press. Like my friend Sam, Carmi is a keen obeserver of the world around him. My innate cynicism is no match for his relentless idealism.

Trillian is the nom de plume of an aspiring novelist in London, Ontario. Trillian's thoughtful and often quirky take on life, the universe, and everything is refreshing for its candor and broad-mindedness. Her blog, Paperback Writers, has long been a favorite. Trillian's husband Arthur also posts occasionally on his entertaining blog andtheansweris.

My wife recently started a blog called the Regina Monologues, but has yet to post anything other than an introduction. A title that good deserves futher development. Maybe she just needs a little encouragement.

What Canadian blogs do you frequent? ...Do tell.
|
Comments: Post a Comment
Free Hit Counters
Free Counter